Who are Greenr:
Greenr is a team of friends who realised a way that tech could make a difference in helping us all be better consumers. Based in far flung corners of the world (including Brixton), they're passionate about building technology that helps businesses and consumers reduce their carbon footprint.
How it works:
When you go through our payment checkout and you see the Greenr logo, all you need to do is opt in and we will add the offset to your checkout.
They have full transparency of where money is going and which projects you are supporting. Every project they invest in is a Certified Emission Reduction (CER) product, as laid out in the Kyoto protocol.
- Transparency. You know exactly where your money is going and the benefits it can bring
- Trust. With all of our products being certified to ISO standards by a UK Accreditation Service (UKAS), you can trust us to complete the passage from your pocket to the project
- Simplicity. With the Greenr technology, it couldn’t be easier to offset your emissions on your checkout
- Forest Carbon - Founded in 2006, is the UK's leading developer in woodland creation projects for business carbon footprints. Themselves, with their partners have planted 8.5 million trees in 172 new woodlands around the UK.
- CO2balance - CO2balance develop and implement projects that deliver the combined benefit of reducing carbon dioxide emissions and improving socio-economic conditions for target communities. Greenr partnered with CO2 balance for their Borehole and fuel-efficient stove projects in Zambia, Uganda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Malawi, Rwanda, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
- Ecosphere+ - Mission-driven business that helps companies create and implement nature-based solutions that enable them to succeed in a world aligned with global climate and development goals. There are two leading offsetting projects in Peru: Corgillera Azul and Nii Kaniti. The Cordillera Azul project is working in a huge landscape of 3.7 million hectares, to protect 1.6 million hectares of threatened forest. They aim to establish sustainable livelihoods through technical assistance, and using agroforestry system for sustainable cocoa and coffee production. In tern this will help tens of thousands of local people gain access to basic services such as sanitation, health care and education. The Nii Kaniti project focuses on avoiding deforestation and protecting the rainforest through scaling up sustainable community forest management. They introduce conservation activities that put a value on indigenous-leg development with FSC certified timber extraction and cacao agroforestry.
For more information on this partnership, the projects your money will go to, or even to get involved, visit gogreenr.co.